Conservation Through Community Development
A Wildlife Conservation and Sustainable Development Project of Good Sun
- Continue work on alternative income programs for reformed poachers
- Continue work on physical barriers between QENP boundary and frontline communities
- Ishasha Community Conservation Center (ICCC) has been constructed and solarized. Special thanks to Amoniz Muhumuza for project management and construction, Pamela Kabekace for engineering design and construction, and Joshua Rukundo for facilities management and construction. Next step is to develop ICCC into a business hub to support local entrepreneurs.
- Plan to add internet facilities to the solar power system previously installed at QENP School to create a second community conservation center in Kihihi (KCCC).
- A Harvard University research report is being completed to inform interested parties, improve CTCD's conservation program, and enhance local stakeholder involvement.
- KCDA - Kigezi Coffee Development Academy is a social action organization with a focus on ecological regeneration and entrepreneurship. KCDA was founded in 2014 and is operated primarily by Joshua Rukundo. www.kcdacoffee.org
- TUA - Founded by Ivan Mushana, Tree Uganda Academy is a social action research and advocacy organization, established in 2015 with the goals of ecological sustainability and poverty alleviation. TUA works toward these goals through agricultural entrepreneurship, awareness campaigns, and vocational training. Jonan Tumukunde, TUA's admin manager notes that TUA is operational-based, meaning it works boots-on-the-ground to accomplish its objectives. For more info click here.
- BDN - Bwindi Development Network was founded in 2014 by Alex Ngabirano (formerly of CTPH). BDN is an anti-poaching conservation group with community-based initiatives very similar to CTCD.
- CGF - Child Go Foundation was created in 2019 by Enos Nahabwe (formerly of CTPH) to serve underprivileged children with educational and vocational opportunities. In its work, CGF is dedicated to wildlife conservation. https://childgofoundation.org/
- SAYIT - Solving African Youth Issues Totally was founded in 2018 and is chaired by Allan Tunezerwe. More information here. https://www.facebook.com/sayityouthgroup/
- KGI - Kihihi Girl Initiative was founded in 2020 by Pamela Kabekace and is focused on empowering young women and poverty alleviation.